Do not eject CDROM after kickstart install

Stafford Horne shorne at softhome.net
Thu May 20 06:42:11 UTC 2004

That is correct,

  There is a script that comes in the anaconda-runtime RPM called
buildinstall. This will build the new installation images (PXE and
Cdrom<not ISO>) from a set of RPMs you place in a certain directory.
  This process is described here:
https://linux.co.uk/Pages/howtos/RedHat-CD-HOWTO.html

There are also other great sources you can find on google.

after you find out how to rebuild the system using the buildinstall
script you can get the anaconda source RPM.

Unpack it with
rpm -Uvh (anaconda src rpm)

unpack the tar.bz2

<edit the source...
Do the following to disable the CDROM eject using kickstart
edit kickstart.py found in the anaconda source directory

add this line into the setSteps function
dispatch.skipStep("methodcomplete")

repack the tar.bz2

rebuild the rpm with:
  rpmbuild -bb anaconda.spec

now rebuild the Anaconda CDs using the new anaconda RPMs

This is a very rough discription of what you need to do. but I hope you
can get the general Idea

Stafford