can't start with kickstart

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Tue May 25 20:01:10 UTC 2004

You're approach is all wrong here.. If you are using blades, you are
handicapping yourself if you are using a floppy or CD.  You need to learn
how to use pxelinux, which is part of the syslinux family.  Basically you
set up a DHCP and tftp server.  When the blades PXE is activated, it grabs
an IP address and is told to pull a kernel & initrd from the tftp server.
It is also told where to find a kickstart file.  More information can by
found on syslinux.zytor.com.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394