FC2 network kickstart not working

paul at rh.sbrk.co.uk paul at rh.sbrk.co.uk
Thu May 27 13:47:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 09:22:35AM -0400, James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov wrote:
> Are you sending the kickstart file via DHCP or retrieving via NFS?  I've
> never had much luck retrieving it via DHCP.  My system writes the
> pxelinux.cfg files on the fly and uses syntax like:

I've never heard of sending of sending the kickstart file via DHCP. Or
do you mean naming the kickstart file with DHCP?

> label ks
>   kernel images/rhel/3.0/as/qu1/vmlinuz
>   append ksdevice=link initrd=images/rhel/3.0/as/qu1/initrd.img
> ks=nfs:156.132.110.110:/data/linux_build/kickstart/seahawk.imd.lab/ks.cfg
> lang= lowres devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192

I'm just doing:

append acpi=off initrd=initrd.img ks
DHCP has:

	if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 8) = "anaconda" {
		filename "/kickstart/";
		next-server 192.168.8.2;
	}

Paul