RH 9: Compiling modules under BOOT kernel

Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com
Tue May 4 14:05:17 UTC 2004

After I get an e1000 module compiled under the BOOT kernel, I will place it
in the initrd.img then copy it to my USB keychain device so it can get
automatically loaded during kickstart.

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           James Harrison        |
|         |           <jamesaharrisonuk at yaho|
|         |           o.co.uk>              |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           kickstart-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com           |
|         |           No Phone Info         |
|         |           Available             |
|         |                                 |
|         |           05/03/2004 04:48 PM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           Discussion list about |
|         |           Kickstart             |
  |       To:       Discussion list about Kickstart <kickstart-list at redhat.com>                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: RH 9: Compiling modules under BOOT kernel                                                                |

Is there a specific reason why you need load the module from the initrd.img
file or is it ok to put an entry into /etc/modules.conf:

alias eth0 e1000

James