NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

ccollier at viawest.net ccollier at viawest.net
Fri May 7 22:06:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Joe Robertson wrote:
--snip--

> Cody - can you also provide a sample of what parameters you use for
> ksdevice etc
> 	for your http setup?  I haven't set up an http server for this
> yet but
> 	someone else told me he gave up on trying to use NFS and
> switched to HTTP.

[somehost]$cat /tftpboot/linux-install/pxelinux.cfg/netboot-rhel3_es-basic
default linux
label linux
        kernel vmlinuz-rhel3_es
        append initrd=initrd-rhel3_es.img vnc ksdevice=eth0 ks=http://123.456.789.123/somepath/here/vwkickstart.py

The images (vmlinuz-rhel3_es/initrd-rhel3_es.img) are just renamed and
come from rhel3es-distribution/images/pxeboot/.  I've found making the
installation tree and the kickstart config file available via http to work
very well.

cody