NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com
Mon May 10 12:16:49 UTC 2004

I am seeing the same issue with RH 9 & an e1000 module I compiled under the
2.4.20-6BOOT kernel.  I am kickstarting via a USB flash drive.  When
kickstart tries to mount the NFS server, I receive an error "That directory
could not be mounted from the server".  If I hit 'OK' to accept the NFS
Setup information it proceeds to mount the NFS server.  Should I add my
information to bugzilla 117748?

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "Ryan Golhar"         |
|         |           <ryangolhar at verizon.ne|
|         |           t>                    |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           kickstart-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com           |
|         |           No Phone Info         |
|         |           Available             |
|         |                                 |
|         |           05/07/2004 06:05 PM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           golharam; Please      |
|         |           respond to Discussion |
|         |           list about Kickstart  |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'Discussion list about Kickstart'" <kickstart-list at redhat.com>                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers                                                                |

Yes, I'm having the same problem.  It fails initially, but the kickstart
prompts me for a new location.  I just press Enter to accept the old one
and it proceeds to mount the nfs share.  I've already submitted a report on
bugzilla on this: 117748

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu