%post trouble

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri May 14 14:27:27 UTC 2004

Hi people

I have a question about kickstart in Fedora Core 1. In %post I am trying
to copy a file from the cd onto the newly installed system (it is a
modified mysqld init script - can't be bothered rebuilding mysql rpm
just for that)

This is what I have tried so far for tests but none of it has worked:
%post --nochroot
echo "in nochroot post"
echo "doing first mkdir"
mkdir -p /mnt/source
echo "doing first mount"
mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
echo "trying first copy"
cp -f /mnt/source/Fedora/RPMS/extras/mysqld.init
/mnt/sysimage/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld
echo "trying first unmount"
umount /mnt/source

%post
echo "in regular post"
echo "doing second mkdir"
mkdir -p /mnt/source
echo "doing second mount"
mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
echo "trying second copy"
cp -f /mnt/source/Fedora/RPMS/extras/mysqld.init
/mnt/sysimage/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld
echo "trying second unmount"
umount /mnt/source

I had done this in redhat 7.3 with just a simple:
%post --nochroot
cp -f /mnt/source/Fedora/RPMS/extras/mysqld.init
/mnt/sysimage/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld

This doesn't work for me with Fedora Core 1 - any ideas how I can run my
copy command while the cd is mounted - either mounted by me or still
mounted from install?

thanks

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!