Issue with %include on AW2.1

Michael Blandford mlblandf at sedona.ch.intel.com
Mon May 17 21:04:52 UTC 2004

I have a python script that I run in the %pre section to generate
partitioning information.  It dumps this information into /tmp/partition.

in the ks.cfg, I am adding %include /tmp/partition.

If the partitioning is different that what is already on the machine,
the build will stop and complain the /usr is too small.  If I choose
'no' to continue, the machine reboots and starts the build again.  This
time it will suceed.

It seems like the machine doesn't notice the partitioning has changed
during the build and is trying to continue using the old partitions.

This is on ia64.  I am also using the same process on ia32 with RedHat
7.3 without seeing this problem.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Michael

Disclaimer: The content of this message is my personal opinion only and
although I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on
behalf of Intel on this matter.