pkgorder and scripting

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Wed May 19 14:26:29 UTC 2004

mbox mbarsalou wrote:

>I was trying to script the use of the python script pkgorder with bash
>but recieve no output.  For example if I use:
>
>pkgorder <needed paramaters>
>
>I get some output.
>
>However, if I put that same command in a bash script, I get no output...
>
>Is there some special command that I need to do to get it to produce
>output when run from a Bash script?

are you a golfer? if not you can try using a 'tee' anyway - it always
helps to give you a cleaner swing at the ball!!

:)

pantz

snipppet from my bash script

echo '** Running pkgorder ...'
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder /data/Fedora-Custom/i386 i386 Fedora

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!