Create a Kickstart cdrom for AS 3.0

Jason Brashear jbrash at us.ibm.com
Thu May 20 18:01:11 UTC 2004

Thank you. Yep I want to be able to boot off of the cdrom and do a network
install via http or nfs.
I have x86 and x86_64"AMD".
I dont have a CDR in a linux system. can I make these cd's from my windows
system that has the cdr?
If so will nero work to creat the cd? I tried once and to create a
bootable cd in nero it puts its own version of dos on it to boot with..
That is not what I was needing.
Thanks for you reply!

Best Regards,
Jason Brashear
jbrash at us.ibm.com
Websphere Lab Administrator
IBM Corporation
11501 Burnet Rd., Austin, Texas 78758
LWWS/7G , Bldg. 903, 4H-004
512-838-4776 T/L 678-4776
FAX: 512-838-0330 (5C-007)

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>
Sent by: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
05/20/2004 10:37 AM
Please respond to
Discussion list about Kickstart

Discussion list about Kickstart <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: Create a Kickstart cdrom for AS 3.0

JB> Does anyone know how to create a Kickstart CDROM?

Sure, what do you want on it?  If you just want to use it to boot into
the installer so you can do a network install, just grab isolinux and
make yourself a CD.

I have one CD that boots all different versions o the installer, for
both i386 and x86_64, and also has memtest86 and various hard drive
diagnostics programs on it.

To boot one of the Red Hat/Fedora installers, all you need is the
vmlinuz and initrd.img files and an entry in isolinux.cfg.  Here's my
FC2 for x86_64 entry:

label ks64-2
   kernel vml642
   append initrd=ird642.img devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=9216  ksdevice=link
ks=http://url.for/kickstart.file

 - J<