Create a Kickstart cdrom for AS 3.0

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu May 20 18:24:17 UTC 2004

JB> I dont have a CDR in a linux system. can I make these cd's from my
JB> windows system that has the cdr?

Sorry, I don't use windows so I can't really say.  You could build an
ISO under Linux and transfer that to your windows machine, assuming
you have software that will burn a plain ISO file.

Try this:

make a directory (doesn't matter what you call it) and CD to it.
Create this little one-liner script; I called it "makeit":

-------
#!/bin/sh
mkisofs -v -v -o boot.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -V -T image
-------

Now mkdir -p image/isolinux; cd image/isolinux
Copy your vmlinuz and initrd.img files here; I called them "vml642"
  and "ird642.img".  isolinux severely resticts the naming you can
  use, so don't get fancy or it won't work.
Create isolinux.cfg.  You can copy in or create a boot image and
  various messages; I don't know what the minimum you have to specify
  is.  But you will at least need a stanza for these images:

-------
label ks64-2
   kernel vml642
   append initrd=ird642.img devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=9216 ksdevice=link ks=http://url.to/kickstart.file
-------

cd ../..
run the "makeit" script, which will give you boot.iso.  Burn that
however you can.

 - J<