NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

Jeroen Roodhart jeroen at science.uva.nl
Tue May 25 06:15:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just a "me too" report. I can confirm this to be a problem on most
of our Gigabit Cisco switches (I have to owe you the exact type
id-s, I'm now working from home) and our Foundry core router.

Tried all configurations with Spanning tree disabled etc. No avail.

We get our kickstart stages through TFTP/etherboot/DHCP. Same problem:

First stage (load PXE image) OK
Second stage (load etherboot image) OK
Third stage (get filename paramater from DHCP to NFS repo) FAIL

On the server side we see (DHCP-REQUEST --> DHCP-ACK)*

The e1000 just doesn't want to see the ACK... Put a 10/100 HUB in
between and everything works fine.

I'm not so sure if this isn't a driver problem instead of kickstart
related.

Cheers,

Jeroen
--
Jeroen Roodhart              University of Amsterdam
jeroen at science.uva.nl        Faculty of Science / ICT-Group