can't start with kickstart

Hong Zhu hzhu at wesleyan.edu
Tue May 25 13:49:56 UTC 2004

Hi all,

We would like to use kickstart to install RH WS 3 on a blade,
which only has one USB port for either CDROM drive or floppy
drive but not at same time.

I have the ks.cfg on the floppy diskette, and ok to boot the
blade from RH CDROM to the boot command. How am I able to perform
kickstart without cdrom and floppy being available at same time?

BTW, I also tried to store the ks.cfg on the NFS server (NAS),
then booted from RH CDROM to boot prompt, and issued:
ks=nfs:nfs-server-ip-address:/path/to/ks.cfg

but it just hung. I think it requires the use of DHCP server
however we don't have this available for kickstart use, and so
I'm wondering how we're able to perform kickstart without using DHCP.

Thanks a lot,
Hong