Probing Monitor from Postconfig

Bill (William) Triest wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 26 21:17:43 UTC 2004

Everytime I kickstart our test box for RHEL 3, I have to go into system
settings, tell it to probe the monitor, and then I can set the
resolution (if I do it before then it ignores the change in resolution).

This might be a bug in the installer, since during install it posts the
correct monitor information, OR I inherited the postconfigure scripts
from the guy before me, and he may just be overiding it on accident
(basically RHEL postconfigure is modification of the RH9 postconfigure
which is....).  I have looked into it and don't see where the
postconfigure might be overiding it, but it is possible.  I think the
easiest solution would be to re-probe at the end and have the setting
changed.  I think this is realistic as I don't have to tell RHEL what
monitor I have, I just have to tell it to probe.

Links are definately welcome, as I googled the subject to attempt to
RTFM and came up empty handed.

Thanks,
Wiliam E. T.
Student Worker - Linux