%post -nochroot not running commands?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Nov 17 16:21:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Chris Mckenzie wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been working on a kickstart that concludes the install with a nfs copy
> of a runonce script I wrote. The %post not only doesn't seem to be
> executing, but I can't figure out where or if I can log %post output.

Look in window 3 <alt f3> on the console before you reboot. If you add
chvt 3 as the first line after the %post it will switch there automagically
and you can even use <shift pgup> to view a limited amount of stuff that
has scrolled off of the screen.

> The ks install works fine, it's just the below %post that doesn't effect
> anything. Note that I literally commented out everything to if it's working
> at all. /etc/test isn't created, nor is the /mnt/entrust dir or the copy
> itself.
>
> Thanks for ideas, and I hope to contribute in the future as I continue to
> work with kickstart installs.
>
> - Chris
>
> %post --nochroot

Why --nochroot. Is this even legal?? Let the system do the work for you.

I can tell you for sure %post works when you get the syntax correct. The problem
is that if you have 1 character wrong it blows up. :-)

Regards,

Tom