User-interactivity in %pre

ebrown at lanl.gov ebrown at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 11 07:16:56 UTC 2004

Since a pure python solution hasn't been offered, and since executing an
external script has some complications, for a simple go/no-go decision in
your larger python %pre script, you might try having python execute a
compound shellcommand something like:

os.system("chvt 3; exec < /dev/tty3 > /dev/tty3; clear;
echo You sure?; echo Press enter to continue with install;
echo Or eject cd and reboot now; read; chvt 1")

-Ed