%post DHCP?

Chris Mckenzie Chris.McKenzie at entrust.com
Wed Nov 17 18:58:15 UTC 2004

Thanks Daniel.

My ks.cfg had...

network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp
nfs --server 10.4.146.47 --dir /var/entrust/RedHat/Enterprise3_u3

The OS install worked fine, but the %post mount with just the mount command
failed to find the server as mentioned below.

I tried switching to static IP and it worked fine. The %post mount found the
NFS server using the eth0 which was setup but the kickstart OS install.

I stuck the ifconfig in there to see what was going on with DHCP, the RedHat
CDs were installed over NFS, so why can't I access the same NFS with a
separate mount point?

My install environment is going to have a number of system kickstart'ing at
the same time, I want to make sure they each have their own separate IP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Chris