Using two network devices during installation

IECISA.Ortega Gonzalez, Carlos iecisa.cortegag at iberia.es
Thu Nov 18 11:42:51 UTC 2004

Hi.

I've done two things:
   - Remove the network --device=eth0 ...	  line in ks.cfg
   - Add the ksdevice=link option to syslinux.cfg

The installation has worked, and eth0 was not configured.

However, I still have a problem. I have to install several more machines
that have the same hardware. So far, I've only installed one of them, and in
this machine, the 3Com interface (the "good" one) was named eth0. I don't
know how many of these machines will name the 3Com interface eth0, and how
many eth1. I'd like to create a "standard" ks.cfg file that works in all
machines. Is it possible to force the 3Com interface to be eth0?

I don't know the criteria used for naming the network devices. I can't
change the hardware configuration of the machines. Can anything be done
during the installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carlos Ortega González