size of package

Vincent FONTENEAU fonteneau at dynetcom.fr
Thu Nov 25 13:36:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm not really sure to understand what you try to explain. I've also
made a basic distro with just five packages to get httpd server on.
The total amount of packages is 147 for 490Mo (average space) on disk.

It's possible that you have remouved rpm that you don't want, but when
(for example) you de-select openldap during installation, you could see
after reboot that openldap was installed 'cause of cyrus package
dependency, and this will be the same for many other packages.

that why something for basic installation wou'll have same amount off
Mo.

Maybe to resolved the problem you'll need to check all packages
dependencies to see which need to be removed and those you'll need to
keep.

Hope this answer your question ?

Vincent