anaconda error processing %include

Doug Rylaarsdam drylaarsdam at verascape.com
Fri Oct 8 15:32:13 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to use the %include in my kickstart config file, and there is
an error in /usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py. I'm using RHEL Release 3 Update
3 which contains package anaconda-9.1.3-3.RHEL.

I started with a working config file (not using %include), then broke out my
%post script into a separate file. I get the following error:

"/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py" line 626 in readKickstart
   where = self.readKickstart(id, args[1], where = where)
"/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py" line 684 in readKickstart
   script = script + n
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'script' referenced before assignment.

Outline of the kickstart file:
-----------------------------
install
nfs --server 10.1.2.10 --dir /kickstart/rhelws_r3u3
... other options ...
clearpart --all
... part information ...

%packages
... the package list ...

%post
... post script ...

I changed the script to remove everything in the %post section and replace
it with the %include line:
%include /mnt/source/veraserv_post.cfg

It finds the file OK, but gives the error as listed above.

Any ideas? Most of the %include problems in the archives are related to
problems finding the include file, not problems processing include files.

Doug