[SOLVED] Network Kickstart FC2 installation on PXE and NFS

Ken Teh teh at phy.anl.gov
Mon Oct 25 15:19:32 UTC 2004

I think this is the same problem I encountered months ago.  You need to
specify the server's hostname, not its ip address.

I discovered the following:  I use boot.iso to boot.  If I do the
installation manually, I can NFS mount my server using its IP address.   So,
I know that NFS works between the server and the client machine.  I boot the
same way but now I tell boot.iso to install via kickstart.  Nothing works.
In fact, the server does not see any NFS mount request.  But, when I changed
the server ip to its dns name in the kickstart file, everything works.

Cheers! Ken