Fwd: Problem with mkiso

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 12:39:44 UTC 2004

Edgar Chillón 'Chillux' wrote:
> Can some body explain me what do I have this problem:

Edgar

The clue may be in this statement
 > I am occuping the Fedora Core 2, I didnt change
 > anything, I just simple copy the first disk and try to
 > make it iso but I didnt work ...

How did you "copy" the first disk?  When following these instructions
http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/PreparingTheBuildEnvironment,
did you perform steps 1, 2, 3--just for CD ONE, and 7?  I point this out
because of the segmentation fault during the directory tree writing
step, "> Writing:   Directory tree"

> [root at chillux fedora-custom]# mkisofs -b
> isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -J -p
> "chillux at mycompany.com"  -V "Fedora Core 2 with
> updates disc1" -r -T -v -A "Fedora Core Linux/i386 2"
> -o fedoracore2-disc1.iso -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size
> 4 -boot-info-table -l i386

Your mkisofs options look good based on
http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html#s8 and
http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/CustomizingFedoraCore.

> INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale
> settings.
>         Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source
> filesystem,
>         use -input-charset to override.
> mkisofs 2.01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
> Scanning i386
> Scanning i386/Fedora
> Scanning i386/Fedora/base
> Scanning i386/Fedora/rpms
> Scanning i386/images
> Scanning i386/images/pxeboot
> Scanning i386/isolinux
> Excluded by match: i386/isolinux/boot.cat
> Using SYSTEM_CONFIG_SECURITYLEVEL000.;1 for
> i386/Fedora/rpms/system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.3.12-1.i386.rpm
> (system-config-securitylevel-1.3.12-1.i386.rpm)
> Writing:   Initial Padblock
> Start Block 0
> Done with: Initial Padblock
> Block(s)    16
> Writing:   Primary Volume Descriptor
> Start Block 16
> Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor
> Block(s)    1
> Writing:   Eltorito Volume Descriptor
> Start Block 17
> Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
> Done with: Eltorito Volume Descriptor
> Block(s)    1
> Writing:   Joliet Volume Descriptor
> Start Block 18