Guest about RHupdates

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Oct 21 15:42:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, seth vidal wrote:

>Something I wrote last night might be handy:
>http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/misc/repomanage.py
>
>It will list out either the newest or the older pkgs in a give
>directory.

Seth, that's a useful piece of code for freshening up directories, but
have you any idea where these RPM utils spend all their time? Any
librpm app really, either Python or command line, seems to take forever
sending my load average sky-high, when all it [superficially] has to do
it read some formatted header from 1000-odd files, which to my mind
should be the work of seconds.

Cheers,
Phil