[SOLVED] Network Kickstart FC2 installation on PXE and NFS

Raphaël 'SurcouF' Bordet surcouf at debianfr.net
Mon Oct 25 16:02:17 UTC 2004

Ken Teh wrote:
> I think this is the same problem I encountered months ago.  You need to
> specify the server's hostname, not its ip address.
>
> I discovered the following:  I use boot.iso to boot.  If I do the
> installation manually, I can NFS mount my server using its IP address.   So,
> I know that NFS works between the server and the client machine.  I boot the
> same way but now I tell boot.iso to install via kickstart.  Nothing works.
> In fact, the server does not see any NFS mount request.  But, when I changed
> the server ip to its dns name in the kickstart file, everything works.

You're right. I was using "ks" instead of
"ks=nfs:nfs.domain.tld:/kickstart" because, by default, kickstart can
take the same host than dhcp service if next-server isn't provided.
I guess it's trying to use IP address instead FQDN...
But if I defined an "next-server" for this group of host, this directive
  bypass class "pxeclient" and I can't boot by PXE anymore...
How can I defined both this class and this group in dhcpd ?

Thanks,

--
Raphaël 'SurcouF' Bordet