Kickstart with %post and RHEL 3.0 update 3

Olivier De Corlieu Olivier.DeCorlieu at fra.sas.com
Thu Sep 9 09:24:30 UTC 2004

Hi all,

It's my first email sent to this list. There is my problem :

I make a kickstart installation with tree RHEL and kickstart file on a NFS server. Until the "%post" everything is OK, but when I try to create a new file or a symbolic link, this file create with a "?" at the end of this file. The link created is "S99ks-post-reboot?" and not "S99ks-post-reboot". The command "/bin/chmod + /etc/rc.d/init.d/ks-post-reboot" doesn't work. It's very strange, before I worked with a redhat 8.0 and I havn't this problem.

%post

/bin/cat >/etc/rc.d/init.d/ks-post-reboot <<End_Of_Post_Reboot

#!/bin/sh -x

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#

#                                                                          #

#                 Script a lancer au premier reboot                        #

#                                                                          #

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#

exec >/tmp/ks-post-reboot.log 2>&1

tail -f /tmp/ks-post-reboot.log >/dev/tty12 &

/bin/ls -s /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/bash

/bin/ls -s /bin/sh /usr/bin/sh

/bin/ls -s /usr/local/Applications_SAS_France /Applications_SAS_France

/sbin/chkconfig --level 23 ntpd on

/sbin/chkconfig --level 23 nfs on

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------#

#                            Fin du script                                #

End_Of_Post_Reboot

/bin/chmod +x /etc/rc.d/init.d/ks-post-reboot

ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/ks-post-reboot /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99ks-post-reboot

mv /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99ks-post-reboot? /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99ks-post-reboot

Thanks.

Oliver,