Partial User Intervention

Stephen Mah steve.mah at oracle.com
Wed Sep 22 19:30:11 UTC 2004

you can write a simple shell script to prompt for user intervention. ie:
would you like to have a custom partitioning scheme?
if yes, then remark the related lines in the kickstart file: Anaconda
will then prompt for the partitioning layout when the install begins.

example:
echo "Do you wish to use custom partitioning? (yes/no): "
read RESPONSE
case "$RESPONSE" in
y | yes | Y | Yes | YES)
cat /tmp/ks.cfg |sed -e 's,part /boot --size 75,#,'|
sed -e 's,part swap --recommended,#,'|
sed -e 's,part / --fstype ext3 --size=1 --grow,#,' >/tmp/kstemp.cfg
cp /tmp/kstemp.cfg /tmp/ks.cfg
;;
no)
;;
esac
done
etc....

This should work for the network settings also.