Mounting USB key in %post script

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Sat Sep 4 00:25:06 UTC 2004

Alex Tang wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I've been reading the threads about booting and installing from
> kickstarts on USB Keys, however, i'm trying to mount a USB key in a
> %post script (in the chroot environment).  I can't seem to get it to
> work.  Is this possible? What parameters to mount should I use?  How do
> i figure out what device i should be mounting?
>
> thanks.
>
> ...alex...
I think Terje Kvernes and Samuel Bouhnik may have provided the clues

 > try ks=hd:sda1/ks.cfg

 >  thank you, I owe you a hug!

 >  I'm using Apacer Steno pens, they work flawlessly, as soon as you
 >  remember to do FAT16 and not FAT32.  that cost me a few hours.

Please try this.  Use whatever you want to call the mount point
directory.  In the example it is myusb.  However, I think anaconda puts
its /tmp and /mnt in another location so you will have to make
adjustments.  Use your alt f1-f4 keys to poke around and find where they
are.  I don't recall off the top of my head. The proposed solution is
untested.

mkdir /mnt/myusb
mount -t fat16 /dev/sda1 /mnt/myusb

Greg