replacing the kernel used for kickstart.

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 13:34:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Terje Kvernes wrote:

>  kernel-unsupported RPMs?  no, I didn't!

$ rpm -qlp kernel-unsupported-*i686*.rpm | grep sk98
/lib/modules/2.4.21-15.0.4.EL/unsupported/drivers/net/sk98lin/sk98lin.o

It seems to be there.

>  thanks for the pointer, but
>  the question of application still stands.  I don't really have any
>  great need to fiddle with the installation (we do that heavily after
>  boot anyway), so I've never really looked much at Anaconda and the
>  documentation I've found is mostly geared to edit the installation
>  or the packages, not the kernel and the initrd.  :-/

I don't have a direct link sorry, but I'd refer you to the archives of
this mailing list to find how to insert extra modules into initrd; it's
simpler than my previous suggestions (although not trivial).

Cheers,
Phil