Kickstart and Authentication Proxy

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Apr 1 13:38:07 UTC 2005

Does anyone support users trying to kickstart over a VPN connection when
said connection requires authentication on a web site?  When our newest
VPN users try to connect to internal sites, they get redirected to a
website which requires their authentication.  I'm wondering how people
can perform kickstarts when this type of authentication is required.

The way a few folks have worked around this is to boot a Knoppix CD,
authenticate on the web site, reboot and the kickstart succeeds.  This
is obviously not scalable.  Since many of these VPN users are full-time
telecommuters, I need to find a scalable way to support them.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.