<package disable=1>cups</package>

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 13 14:38:02 UTC 2005

I am wondering if it is possible to veto certain packages
from a group, either at kickstart time or by actually modifying
the comps.xml file.

For instance:
I want to include the X Window System group in my install, so
I could say

@X Window System

in kickstart.  But X Windows System includes printing tools as a
subcategory and none of my nodes are ever going to print.

So can I at kickstart time veto an rpm?
In other words, install all of the groups above, but not the cups rpm?

Or can I do it in the comps.xml by defining a new group which
includes the X Windows Systems group, but vetoes the one rpm?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team