Setting root password w/ rootpw

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Fri Apr 29 17:25:19 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I was wondering what method you guys use for setting a root password
during a kickstart install.  I understand that it can be set by the
'rootpw' directive, and optionally, I can throw it the --isencrypted
flag.  I'd like to assign an encrypted password, but I was curious as to
which method you guys use in an effort to simply convert a text password
into the encrypted type asked for.

I've tried copying sniplets from /etc/passwd from user accounts for
which I set the password, and I knew what the password was, stuff like
that - to no avail.  So... I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
-dant