Physical Volume names

drew at sundawg.org drew at sundawg.org
Thu Apr 7 13:19:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm new to the list, but not so new to linux.  I'm working on a project,
and I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.  I'm trying to write a script
to basically generate a "how things look now" kickstart file.  I've had
good success, except for determining the pv numbers that are used to
build a volume group.

Unfortunately, I only have one test system, but when installing this
particular system, I created three partitions.  One was /boot, the other
two I designated as LVM PVs.  These were numbered pv.8 and pv.10.  After
searching through /proc and all the LVM commands I can think of, I can't
seem to correlate pv.8 and pv.10 to anything (in fact, I can find no
mention of those "names" outside kickstart at all).

Any suggestions?

drew
--

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
    - Sam Brown, Washington Post, 1977