cfengine for maintaining kickstart files

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr
Fri Apr 15 08:07:31 UTC 2005

Hi

we re maitaining hundreds of linux machine with a lot of different
profiles.
for that we use kickstart for installation and yum and cfengine for
maintaining the machine.

but right now mainting our kickstart files is becoming really a mess.
we have a lot of different kickstart files and it s really difficult to
maintain all these files.

for exemple when we want to change the root password for a small subset
of our machines it becomes a pain in all the kickstart files.

Has someone already succeeded in maintaining all its kickstart file up
to date?

i'm considering using cfengine for that in the "kickstart" server.
any ideas about that?