Kickstart %include directive and %pre script issues

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Fri Apr 22 17:41:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:00:39PM +0200, Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for the excellent advice. Rolling my own install CD is a horrifying
> thought. I so much abhor this idea, that I install all RPMs that aren't on
> the default install media via APT in the %post script.
>
> There is a .../RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py in the
> install media directory on my kickstart server (which I get to via http). I
> was hoping I could just plop the new kickstart.py in there, but even though
> its there, its not used it seems. The CD needs to be modified.

It isn't as hard as you think, you don't have to replace the existing
copy of kickstart,py, if you make a directory on the CD called
RHupdates, anaconda will look for updated files there automatically,
just drop kickstart.py in there and burn the cd...

Check the documentation for more details on the RHupdates directory...

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email at jasonkohles.com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)