disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Harry Mills harry at mad-cat.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 17:06:39 UTC 2005

I may well be totally wrong but if you specify the ksdevice then that is the device that will be used to fetch the ks.cfg and no user intervention is required. This is how it seems to work on my set up here.

The only time I am prompted for manual network information is when kickstart can't find the ks.cfg file using the location specification in the 'ks=blah' boot parameter. KS then falls back to manually asking for network details.

Is it possible that the machine cannot locate/mount the NFS server or resolve the hostname?

Harry

On Thu, 25 Aug, Lloyd T Brown wrote:
> I'll try that later, but, just for reference, which interface does the
> ip=x.x.x.x parameter apply to?  Can I specify which one?  I can DHCP eth0
> just fine.  It's eth1 that I either need to set statically or disable
> entirely.
>
> Lloyd
>
> EXT / HELICE RIVERA Cedric wrote:
>
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  Maybe you can try this :
> >
> >linux ks=nfs:nfs_server:/path/to/ ksdevice=eth0 ip=x.x.x.x
> >
> >  If your kickstart config file is complete and it's name is :
> >
> >"/path/to/ks/x.x.x.x-kickstart"
> >
> >then the installation will be completely non-interactive, unless the disk
> >partition table is clean ...
> >
> >I hope this helps.
> >
> >++

<snip>