Getting install log on a remote machine

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 19:53:34 UTC 2005

> I want to get the install time log on a remote machine, so that if I am
> away from the console of the machine being installed I can still have
> access to the anaconda logs of the machine being installed.
>
> Is there a way to do this in kickstart pre install script (asking
> anaconda to send logs to a network log server) ?

Not yet.  I just started working on all the logging support in anaconda
today.  The goal is to convert it to using Python's logging class, which
will allow us to log to files, syslog running on a remote machine, mail,
web servers, sockets, etc.  I don't know if all those mechanisms will
make the cut for what we'll support, but at least one network mechanism
will be supported.

I guess now's as good a time as any to ask if people have any particular
features, annoyances, or comments on logging.

- Chris