Incorporating Anaconda fixes onto a KS boot CD

Poole, John J john.j.poole at usa-spaceops.com
Thu Aug 11 22:40:44 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I reload our machines via kickstart using both NFS and HTTP. I initially boot up on the RHEL Update 5 CDROM #1 to start the KS process. A recent
Anaconda-9.1.5.8-1.RHEL.i386 has been released with a fix for e1000 Ethernet cards timing out during start of network kick start installations.
    What is the easiest way to incorporate the Anaconda release into my kickstart? I assume that I must put the Anaconda-9.1.5.8-1.RHEL.i386 onto the boot
cd. I have been using the stock Update 5 install cd and have never had to build/rebuild a boot cd. Some simple instructions or pointers on incorporating the
updated Anaconda/pump files into the Update 5 install cdrom would be appreciated. I am an Admin and not a programmer/developer.
Thanks,

John J. Poole
United Space Alliance