Cleaning up the VMWare disk

Robinson, Andrew W. andrew.w.robinson at mms.gov
Wed Aug 24 15:46:13 UTC 2005

One of the key learnings Craig and I learned at the VMWare class was
that there is a limit to the number of files that can exist on a vmfs
file system. We've been using the big vamps file system on imsnolesxOMM
to park files that someone might want in the future. Bzzzzt! We plan to
migrate off every file that is not owned by a currently registered
virtual machine. We would love to completely delete any files that will
not be needed ever again. The attached spreadsheet contains a list of
the "un-owned" files that we plan to migrate or delete. Please check the
list and let us know if any of those files should not be migrated.
Please let us know which ones can be deleted.

Thanks!

Andrew