More networking params on the boot command line

Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE
Thu Aug 25 11:03:05 UTC 2005

Hi All,

On the way to making my super CD that supports dozens of RHEL versions and
updates, I wanted to test support for non-DCHP installs (just incase). And
I can feed the following boot options to the loader:

linux ks=http://some.server/some.script ip=1.2.3.4 netmask=255.255.255.128
gateway=1.2.3.1 dns=1.2.3.2

And that works, it doesn't try to use DHCP for any of that information. But
it DOES sit there and try to figure out its hostname and domain name! And
because I haven't supplied those, it times out trying to determine those
values.

Does anyone happen to know how you can tell anaconda what the systems
hostname and domain are supposed to be via the boot commandline?

Maybe its just host= domain=? hostname=? node=? Well, before I guess more,
and before I try to google even more, I figured I'd ask you guys because I
know you know. =)

Thanks,

Christian

Christian Rohrmeier
Schering AG
Corporate IT - Infrastructure and Services
Computer Systems and Operations
System Administration - Research and Development
Tel +49 30 468 15794
Fax +49 30 468 95794