disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Lloyd T Brown somewhere_or_other at byu.edu
Thu Aug 25 14:23:10 UTC 2005

Hey all.

Admittedly, I'm new to this whole kickstart thing, but I can't seem to
find an answer to my question anywhere else.  For reasons that are out
of my control, I can't provide a DHCP address to the eth1 interface on
the node I'm trying to install.  I don't need the eth1 interface to
perform the installation, so I'd like disable it using a kernel
parameter so that the step of configuring the eth1 interface during
kickstart (before it retrieves the ks.cfg over the network) is
non-interactive.  This is the last thing I need to do to make my
configuration fully non-interactive and fully remote.  Essentially I
need something like this, although I'm making up the parameters:

linux ks=nfs:nfs_server:/path/to/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 disable_eth1

Alternatively if someone has a way to specify a static address as a
kernel parameter, that'd be okay too.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Lloyd Brown