disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Lloyd T Brown somewhere_or_other at byu.edu
Thu Aug 25 18:06:12 UTC 2005

That was what I thought too.  Now, like I said, this is my first time
working with Kickstart, so I may be missing something.  Basically, I use
the following parameters:

ks=nfs:192.168.201.28:/opt/rhel_image_kickstart/m4b-1-17.ks/ks.cfg
ksdevice=eth0

The installation begins, loads a few modules, states that it is trying
to get a dhcp address for eth0, then tries with eth1.  Since the eth1
dhcp fails, as expected, a dialog pops up to ask for user input, either
to try dhcp again, or to put a static IP address in.  I put a static
address in, and the installation proceeds exactly as planned.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm sure you're right that when I
specify the ksdevice that the device I specify will be the only one used
to fetch the ks.cfg, etc.  All the evidence seems to support this.  The
problem is that, despite this, Kickstart still seems to want to
configure eth1, even though it's totally unnecessary.

As far as your question, I'm pretty sure the machine can locate the nfs
server.  I only export the directory on the NFS server to 192.168.201.x
subnet, and I'm putting in a 192.168.2.x address into eth1 by hand.  I'm
pretty sure that, since the installation proceeds alright from there on,
that it's working correctly.  That, and once the system is up, I can
mount it by hand without any trouble.  Since I'm using an IP address for
the nfs server, I don't think resolving the hostname is the issue either.

Thanks,
Lloyd