disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Harry Mills harry at mad-cat.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 19:07:23 UTC 2005

Yep - does seem a little confusing.

What does the KS log say (<Alt>+<F3>)? Can you see it get the correct IP from the DHCP server on eth0? On my install (Which is booted from a USB key) I see it get the network info for eth2 (my onboard card) and then fetch the ks.cfg. It never attempts to initialise any of the other cards.

The only other oddness I have come across is where later kernel's probe order is different - my onboard always used to be eth0 until one OS version later... it was eth2 :)

Cheers

Harry