disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Thu Aug 25 19:36:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 13:26 -0600, Lloyd T Brown wrote:
> Yes, the ks log shows the ip address being acquired  correctly for
> eth0.  There's this weird message about it waiting 15 seconds, though.
> I'm not sure what that means.  The message about the eth0 getting a dhcp
> address is followed very shortly by a couple messages stating what the
> IP address for the NFS server is and what the path is to the ks.cfg
> file, so I'm pretty sure it's working correctly.  After that, messages
> about it trying to acquire a dhcp address for eth1 come too, including a
> failure message.  I'll see if I can get something more exact and post
> it, if that'd be helpful.

Do you have "network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0" in ks.cfg?  If you
have zero "network" lines, the docs say it's only supposed to use eth0,
but I wonder if this might be causing your problems.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.