disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Harry Mills harry at mad-cat.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 20:52:45 UTC 2005

Klaus,

I played around with doing eveything the 'hard way' - downloading syslinux and creating my own initrd but eventually I simply took diskboot.img  from the Fedora installation CD (There is one specifically for HD/USB pen drive booting). This is also syslinux based which makes it very very easy to customize.

The one thing I have not done is put together a complete installation on a USB pendrive. The RPMS's are served over http. This is partly because my usb pendrives are only 64Mb but mainly because I wanted to integrate the kickstart and yum repository as described here:

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2005/02/17/kickstart_updates.html

If you simply want to boot off the pen drive and fetch the files from elsewhere then it is pretty straight forward - although some BIOSes simply don't want to play - you can get info about this problem if you download the syslinux distribution:- README.usbkey http://syslinux.zytor.com/

I used a 64Mb Easydisk USB 2.0 pen drive.

I am not sure there is much more to it but if there is anything else you want to know give me a shout.

Regards

Harry