disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Lloyd T Brown somewhere_or_other at byu.edu
Thu Aug 25 22:38:17 UTC 2005

Actually, I had a line for both eth1 and eth0 in the ks.cfg.  By some
random coincidence, eth1 was first, although that may not mean much.  I
commented out the line for eth1, and the install went straight through.
Normally, this would probably not set up the eth1 interface at all, but
the appropriate files for our really weird network setup are being
copied over in the %post script, so everything should be fine.  It's
installing right now.  I'll let you all know if I have any other problems.

So, I guess that means that the installer was pulling the ks.cfg over
eth0, noticed the eth1 line (static, but without any address) and tried
to configure it.  Do you suppose that the fact that the eth1 line was
above the eth0 line in the file had anything to do with it?  I may have
to experiment some more tomorrow.

Thanks again.  You guys have been a great help
Lloyd Brown
BYU Supercomputing (http://marylou.byu.edu)