Ignoring SAN devices during kickstart?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Dec 9 15:18:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:57 -0700, Phil Oester wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 01:52:46PM -0400, Brian Long wrote:
> > latefcload was only implemented in U6 to my knowledge.  Also, this just
> > means qla2300 will be loaded after mptbase or whatever local SCSI disks
> > you have.  This is fine when you want to make sure /dev/sda is the local
> > SCSI disk; however with HP Proliants, the RAID controller disks show up
> > as /dev/cciss/c0d0, c0d0, etc.  /dev/sda is the first SAN LUN and I want
> > Anaconda to just completely disregard it.
> >
> > I wonder if Alexander's noprobe option along with "device scsi cciss" or
> > something in ks.cfg might work.
>
> You'd be better off with 'nostorage' on the command line, so that anaconda
> will still probe other devices such as network.

Reviving an old thread, this works like a charm.  I passed "nostorage"
to the kernel append args in my pxe config.  I added "device scsi cciss"
to ks.cfg.  Anaconda did not stop and prompt me to reinitialize sda,
etc.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.