failure to recognize network config in ks.cfg

John Fox jpfox17 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:34:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm running RHEL 4 U1 AS.  I got my kickstart working with PXE, TFTP, DHCP,
NFS, etc.  I'm able to see my kickstart config file and most of the config
is picked up during the install, except for the network config.  I get
prompted to choose which NIC to configure and then I have to specify the
configuration.  After that, the install goes pretty well, but I need to be
able to automate the NIC configuration piece.  Here is the network line from
my kickstart file (all one line):

network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip 10.1.182.62 --netmask
255.255.255.0 --gateway 10.1.182.1 --nameserver 10.1.180.226 --hostname
host1

The machine that is being built is an HP DL380 w/2 GigE NIC cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John