kickstart timezone -- UTC ??

Matt Sturtz rh-kickstart at matthouse.com
Thu Dec 8 17:45:06 UTC 2005

Hi all--

Our servers, like many others I would guess, run entirely in UTC...  In my
ks.cfg I have "timezone --utc UTC".  That has worked for a while, but the
other day I wanted to do an "interactive" install, to make sure the right
partitions were created (or, rather, that the wrong disks were not
touched).  I got a traceback on the timezone screen.  I tried GMT as well.

Looking at the code, the timezone of UTC shouldn't work at all, but it has
been on non-interactive...  I thought of simply adding UTC to the list,
but it's a read-only filesystem and would require modifying the installer
(as opposed to doing it as part of a %pre).

Since the way I'm doing it clearly isn't, what is the proper way to do
this?  Or is it just a bug?

Cheers,

-Matt-