Re: Detecting hostname

Brian Long wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 15:56 +0200, Marian Marinov wrote:

Hello,
I'm using kickstart files for more then 4 months now and I still have one annoing problem. When the installations starts it is trying to find the reverse address of the machine and freezes for 1-2 min.
Is there a way to disable this with any boot option change in the initrd?

If you pass --hostname hostname.domainname in the network line, the
reverse lookup will not happen.

/Brian/

Many thanks Brian. My installations are now working as a charm.
Again Thanks

Regards
  Marian