error in installing FC4 with kickstart: (non existing packeges)

Mark Ryden markryde at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:06:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am trying to use kickstart to install FC4.
I did installed FC4 (without kickstart) and took the anaconda-ks.cfg
as a basis to use on installation on a new machine (which has the same
hw,exactly).

I am using http kickstart installation and get many messages like these:
PACKAGE NAME references package PACKAGE NAME which doesn't exist
PACKAGE NAME references package PACKAGE NAME which doesn't exist
PACKAGE NAME references package PACKAGE NAME which doesn't exist

and then I see an exception and the installation aborts (with printing trace)

googling a bit showed the following thread:
it says there:
"...but I was able to cure this crash by removing
all of the "-package_name" lines I had in the %packages section.
I added "rpm -e package_name" commands in the %post section of
the kickstart file instead...that seems to do the trick for me."

but this seems to me not so proper way, not to say a bit silly (I did
not checked
if it works) ; there must be another way.

any ideas ?
MR